Saturday, January 29, 2005

Drink timing and debating if I need yet another sip or not.

So I have realized that I have an amazing sense for drink timing.

How do you handle this situation?

FYI - Drink timing is when you are out at a restaurant and you order, say a soda pop.

Then, after the appetizer you have about half of the drink left. Do you then finish off that first drink and order a second drink?...

OR

Do you wait it out and keep the first drink still fizzy and fresh for as long as you possibly can before the need arises to order up that second drink?

I am the type who will hold out and see if I can get one entire drink into a single meal. Like at lunch today, my last bite coincided with my last few sips on my coke with no ice. It was a wonderful meal then ended as it should, with that one final pull of beverage through the straw that has at least 3 full sips in it to ensure the full experience is felt...1 or 2 is simply not enough.

Discuss.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

never really thought about it before but it is interesting that i would agree with you. i usually have 1 drink per meal and i have ice water. =o)

Unknown said...

glad to make ya think about some new shit!

LK said...

I obviously live on the other side of the world as my approach to drinks during meals is completely backwards to yours.

It is not the meal that controls the drink - the drink must control the meal, young grasshopper.

Fit as many drinks as possible into the eating time-frame you have and the food just fits into the uncomfortable silences when the waiters are too damn slow to bring you that next drink.

Unknown said...

interesting viewpoint! i will attempt this @ my next meal sitting and tell you about how it felt.

i like being the young grasshopper!

Anonymous said...

You blog a lot about food. It seems like some sort of obsession of yours.

Unknown said...

yes, food is one of my many obsessions.

i enjoy blogging about what we all do on a daily basis. food is one of those :)

give me another topic and i will gladly blog about it.

Unknown said...

Your right Jenny... I should stick to the bottled water for a true healthy body...

but ya only live once in this form as we know it so heres to drinking multiple soder pops!

i dont drink beer or much booze. dont do the narcotix. enjoy the SODA!

suck me sideways :)

Unknown said...

you bet im touchy :)

feely too!