Saturday, February 12, 2005

Went to a birthday party for my cousin last night in NYC and let me tell you about the FUCKIN' parking situation!

Holy Christ!

I got from my apartment in Brooklyn to 42nd street NYC in about 15 minutes by car, which ROCKED! I was excited...then, it took me 20 minutes to get from 42nd street to 46th st and 6th ave! Then, I got a great spot right across the street from the VIA BRAZIL restaurant (my destination). I got excited again...Then I realized the fucking meter there only takes quarters or golden dollars! I began fumbling through the car crevices and came up with 3 quarters, 18 dimes, 6 nickels and 41 wrappers of some kind. This left me in quite the pickle!

So, I put the 3 quarters into the muni-meter and was fucking AGOG when i saw it got me a whopping 12 minutes of time!

So, I went into POPEYES chicken and they said "NO QUARTERS UNLESS YOU BUY SOMETHING"

So, I stormed out of there very angerly and went next door to Burger King. The dickhead cashier said "No" but i saw the manager sitting at a table so I asked "Freddy" if his fast food establishment could spare a few bucks in quarters and he said "No."

The PRICK!!!!!

So, I went into 3 other places and was starting to panic because I was into the eleventh minute!

NO FUCKING LUCK!!!!!

So, I went into the VIA BRAZIL restaurant where I explained the situation and they forked over $5 in quarters!

I rushed out to see if I was ticketed yet, and luckily was not.

Put the $5 into the MUNI METER and bought myself about an hour worth of parking time.

YEEHAW!

I had to go out to the meter 2 other times to feed it.

Goddamn NYC parking!

I guess it is cheaper then a lot for $30 per hour.

I am seriously considering starting another business in which I carry rolls of quarters worth $10 and sell it to people who are fucked on NYC streets trying to park for $20!

A golden dollar would sell for $2.



Etc..

1 <3 NYC

:)

2 comments:

Monkey said...

What a trip!
I live in the wide-open spaces of "big sky country" - Montana - and so reading this entry is almost like reading some sort of science fiction!!!

LK said...

We have heaps of parking buildings here so it's usually not a problem but $8 frigging dollars for 30mins is a rather large frigging problem - ripoff merchants.

Anyhoo, this one time at band camp, I saw a boy who had loads of suspicious wrappers littering his car and he used 90% of them to jam the parking meter up and the remaining 10% to write the parking warden a note explaining that some iresponsible dribble has gone and jammed the meter up, damnit.

Sound like a plan?