Wednesday, February 02, 2005

The best show of all time in my opinion is M*A*S*H followed by Curb Your Enthusiasm.

The M*A*SH "DREAM" episode was just on. This is the one where everyone in the camp has obscure dream sequences after 3 days straight in the operating room without sleep. Hawkeye's dream was such a truly great segment in television history. (If you do not know the episode here is a synopsis of his dream:

Hawkeye dreams he fell asleep in a medical school class and missed what the professor was lecturing about, which was reattaching a limb.

He then is asked by the professor to remove his right arm. Charles (Emerson Winchester the Third), who is the only other person in the class removes Hawkeye's right arm with a twist and a pull.

Then the professor asks Hawkeye if he knows how to do the procedure again (in the background you see a soldier who needs his arm reattached) and a very distressed Hawkeye states that he was sleeping and cannot do the operation successfully.

The professor then asks Hawkeye for his left arm by saying "your left arm please."

Hawkeye twists and pulls on his own left arm and gives it to the professor. The professor then tosses the arm (visually you see a prosthetic arm) into a swampy lake that is full of other arms and legs of soldiers who supposedly needed their limb reattached.

Hawkeye is then seen floating in a canoe, armless and with no paddles, bumping into all of the arms and legs and dripping with sweat.

He then sees a young South Korean child that is wounded but he cannot stop the boat or help her because he has no arms.

He screams.

Then awakes and hears choppers coming with yet more wounded.

What an amazing piece of television :)



What is your favorite TV show of all time? Name 2 or 3 if ya like :)

I will probably blog alot more about Curb Your Enthusiasm once the new season launches! Wheeeeeeeeeeeeee!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks!! :)

Granny style does work- so does throwing it overhand!

Unknown said...

and just plain ol' scream at the fuckin' pins :)

knocks em right down. who needs a ball?

Unknown said...

Daisy Lou is our puppy dog animal :)

She is a mix that we rescued from the state of Virginia.

She is part yellow lab, greyhound, jack russell and prob some other goodness.

I will post a photo in a later post about her.

:)

BarbaraMG said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
BarbaraMG said...

5. Little House on the Prairie. (ya I know, it's lame)
4. Facts of Life.
3. Cheers
2. I love Lucy
1. Seinfeld. I know you do not like Seinfeld but I think it is the most well written and brilliant comedy ever written. I intend to own every season once it comes out on DVD.

Unknown said...

Hey Barbara :)

Cool ones. I really have a dislike for Seinfeld himself. He has never made me laugh. The other characters make me laugh, I have given the show more of a chance recently. I just cant stand Jerry Seinfeld :) I fuckin' love Larry David tho!

Unknown said...

Hey Lafay!

That is so cool about Alan Alda letters and meeting FRANK BURNS. I would like to meet Alan Alda, he is truly the cat's meow! I can imagine he would be a great conversation. Ive seen some of his recent work on PBS, he looks frail but still has that amazing character about him.

Maybe Ill write him a letter telling him about my blog :)