Thursday, January 20, 2005

If you really think about it, it's pretty fuckin' hard on your throat to drink soda.

I love soda (or POP as they say in other parts of the US). Most people truly enjoy soda.

Why do we love drinking something that burns the throat so much?

I'm actually not sure. What do you people think about soda in general? Why do we deal with it's burning down the throat with such enjoyment?

Has anyone else had that first sip of 7-UP and you almost choke because of the fiery bubble factor going down the esophagus? I want to hear about your soda trauma!



6 comments:

Unknown said...

Now that you mention it, I see what you mean!! I often blow a gasket after pounding some colas. Especially whilst driving.

BarbaraMG said...

I think what I like about pop (as it is called here in Canada) is the burn! There is nothing like wanting a Coke and that satisfying burn as it goes down. Ahhh...fuck that hurts but...ahhh.
http://seeking-serenity.blogspot.com/

LK said...

This'll shock you but I can't really stand the stuff. Okay, if I'm really thirsty and there are no other alternatives then I consume bubbly drinks but overall, nope, not for me.

Just out of interest, here in New Zealand it is neither soda nor pop but simply the brand name ie. coke or sprite or fanta etc. which is used. I guess if we do use a term at all to summarise these drinks in general it would be fizzy drinks.

And if I'm being completely honest then there is one fizzy drink that I do like but is only made here in NZ: 'L&P' or 'Lemon and Paeroa' - delicious, but you'll have to travel to try it.

Unknown said...

Did not see this reply until right now! My apologies!

I want some of that NZ soda! Can you mail me a taste?

Upper Case said...

After a while, you learn to love the bubbles and their searing pain. The bubbles become like tiny little dominatrices (dominatrixes? Dominatrix? ahhh), spanking and whipping their way down your throat. Hurray!

Unknown said...

I guess I whole heartedly agree!

3 cheers to carbonation!

cheer

cheer

cheer